Monday, December 14, 2009

Blog #46

I can't tell you how many of these blogs I have started with the intention of maintaining them full time. As I approach the halfway point of grad school, it seems even more foolish to begin a blog when my free time is limited to a few cigarettes a day and perhaps a televsion show now and then. However, I have gathered a list of reasons to persuade myself why beginning a blog is in my best interest. In no particular order:
  • I have an endless bounty of hilarious, shocking, & entertaining stories from my perils in student teaching. To not share them would be doing a disservice to the ones I love and care about.
  • I have the memory of an Alzheimer-ridden 90-year-old and lack the capacity to remember every thought or idea that crosses my head in a given day. This way, I will (hopefully, fingers crossed!) make mention of things in my blog that would otherwise get lost in transition with the rest of the junk in my head.
  • I enjoy writing but don't get nearly enough time for the recreational sort since my life is devoted to lesson plan after lesson plan. Now, I can blog in class and it will appear as if I'm typing notes when in fact, I am probably writing about the enormous underwear lines my fashion-unconscious professor is sporting that day. Take that, M. Ed program.

So I only have 3 reasons, but I think they are good reasons, and I like the number 3. If this blog even continues into next month I will be overcome with surprise, but for now, I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt since I'm on winter break and have nothing better to do.

Peace

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment